Are you planning to adopt a puppy or already have a new one? Then surely you will need to know some important things for being a new puppy owner. After bring the new member to your home, the very next day you may blame yourself for doing that. Because adopting a puppy is very easy but to take care of him is not that easy. And also you will have to make some little changes in to your life for this member. Don’t worry here are some easy solutions to solve all of your problems.
1. Make the home friendly for him. Your little puppy is coming to his new home. She is just like baby. So you have to make the home comfortable for her. Make place for her to play, to move, to eat, to sleep etc. also you can install small baby doors for him to use.
2. A plastic or wooden crate will help you to train the dog. Also, you can plan to take your puppy to a puppy obedience training session.
3. Train your puppy from the very beginning. Train him from the first day. Though she is very small but at least you can tell her about her room, introduce her with all the family members. And a session of puppy obedience training will prove helpful. Visit this link http://www.foundationsdogtraining.com/classes/ for more information about puppy obedience training in Brisbane.
4. Consult to the vet as soon as possible. The puppy needs many vaccinations. The vet will give you the whole schedule of vaccinations for the puppy. Also keep checking the baby carefully. Her ears, nose, nails etc. if anything looks unnatural go to the vet immediately.
5. Microchipping your puppy is very important. You don’t want to lose your dear puppy in any way. So you most do this. And also make ID card with your address and phone number. This will help to reunited to both of you.
6. Don’t let him sleep alone for the first few nights. All these things are very new to the little baby. Letting her sleeping alone may cause anxiety issues in her. So for the first few days take her in to your bedroom. You can use her crate to sleep her in it.
7. Pick a potty spot for her and make a regular time to let her to go there after every meal. Later when she will be used to it she will go there by herself.
8. Make your home puppy proof. As in pick all those things you don’t want to destroy by her. It’s a normal habit to chew things for the puppies.
So, the above are some important tips you will need as a new puppy owner.